06 Feb AGM 2015: New Faces, Program Reports
Last Saturday was had our Annual General Meeting, where we voted in an unprecedented four new board members. Welcome Cindy, Chris, Sara and Adam!
We also debuted our new webseries pilot about Toronto game culture, YYZ Gameshow, which is currently airing on Bell Fibe (channel 1217) and will be released in segments via our YouTube channel.
We heard reports from the various program coordinators… get in touch with them if you can help out!
- Game Making Summercamp: Jim Munroe announced this new partnership with NFB and Ubisoft. Looking for education professionals with experience teaching game design to kids.
- To the Streets: David Fono discussed the Nuit Blanche application, weird peripherals and local massively multiplayer ideas. Looking for outdoor and indoor venues!
- Torontrons: Adam Axbey talked about where our indie arcade cabinets have circulated this year — looking for hosts, strong volunteers, sponsors, and curators.
- Game Curious?: Sagan Yee showed a video about our game literacy program. We’re looking for hardware donations (monitors, projectors, PS3).
- WordPlay: Will O’Neill was announced as the new festival director for 2015, which is dependent on continued arts grant success. Looking for programming committee members.
- Comics vs Games: Miguel Sternberg is focusing on the Toronto Reference Library venue this year with talks and a game showcase during the Toronto Comic Arts Festival. Looking for people interested in exhibiting their games at TCAF.
- Fancy Videogame Party: Alex Hayter discussed the idea of a spiritual successor to our FVP at the AGO last year, a black tie game party. Looking for reasonably priced venues, institutional partners, a presenting sponsor.